CoP static forum

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

CoP 4-2 The Savage

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haru
Admin

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2006-03-09

PostSubject: CoP 4-2 The Savage   Sun 12 Mar 17:43

Mission Name: 4-2 The Savage
Level Cap: 50

Gather together in Tavnazian Safehold at 11-11:45 EST (After United Dynamis) on Friday, March 17, 2006 for hawt Obsidian Order on Ouryu action.

Now we're ALL on the same page here Wink

This is going to be HARD, and will probably be long as well, depending on when we farm Mistmelts. And WE WANT TO GET MISTMELTS.

We have two options here for parties... We could do what we normally do:
Tank: Vuzton (Pld)
Healer: Jiral (Whm)
Support: Harukichi (Rdm)
DD: Zeal (Sam)
DD: Acire (Mnk)
DD: Rpglord (Blm)

But... From what I've read, mages REALLY shine on this one, so we have another alternative...
Tank: Vuzton (Pld)
Healer: Acire (Whm)
Support: Jiral (Rdm)
DD: Harukichi (Smn)
DD: Zeal (Sam)
DD: Rpglord (Blm)

Mage jobs: Bring a couple ethers... We have a RDM here to refresh/support, so probably shouldn't need to bring any Yagudo Drinks. Maybe have 1-2 to be safe incase RDM is busy with support and it seems like that refresh isn't getting to you.

Tank: You know the drill my dear... Bring some Hi-potions to be on the safe sife, and a Yagudo drink to be safe as well.

Melee DD: Bring a couple Hi-potions as well.

Getting ready for Riverne B

As I said before... We want mistmelts. I'll explain what they do exactly later on.

To get the mistmelts, you need to get the quest from Ferchinne at (G-9) in Tavnazian Safehold (Quest is called Fly High). For every two Hippogryph tailfeather we give her, we get 1 Mistmelt. You guessed it, they're dropped from the Hippogryphs. I'd like us to aim to get 3... We'll see how much time we have.

We also need another Dragon Scale from the Pyrodrakes and such, as there is an Unstable Displacement that we need to get to. Only one this time though.

We can easily farm these on the first island from the lowest level Pyrodrakes and Nimbus Hippogryphs. While farming we may also get a Hippogryph Feather, which I believe sells for a bit. If we do, it'll be split amongst us, or, if there was someone who baught tailfeathers for us, it will be given to them to cover what they payed.

There's our map. Made an outline of the route we'll need to take. Stuff here will aggro to sound here as well, so everyone make sure to bring a couple powders/oils. The molboro mob Lunantishee detects with sound, Pyrodrakes and Ignidrakes detect with sight. Nitro Clusters detect with both sight and magic, Nimbus Hippogryphs and Strato Hippogryphs detect with sight and have true sight.

And now for Ouryu...

His moves:
Stoneskin -both- Gives Ouryu Stoneskin, which will absorb some damage
Stoneaga -both- AoE stone elemental damage
Geotic Breath -ground- AoE cone forward breath attack
Spike Flail -ground- AoE move with his tail, Triggered if someone beyind Ouryu takes hate, Will likely kill everyone in the party. DON'T STAND DIRECTLY BEHIND OURYU!
Absolute Terror -ground- Single target terror (can't act for several seconds)
Bai Wing -air- AoE wind elemental damage
Ochre Blast -air- AoE earth elemental damage
Touchdown -air- Light AoE damage. Used every time he lands from damage. (NOT with a mistmelt)

Sub-notes that I don't feel like deleting:
Ouryu is much stronger in the air then he is on the ground, so when we see him start to fly up, we use a mistmelt. Mistmelts basically make him come back onto the ground WITHOUT using his Touchdown move. So yeah... Mistmelts mistmelts mistmelts... Vuz and/or Zeal will probably be given our Mistmelts, as they will be the only ones that probably won't need to /heal at any point. Without Mistmelts, the only way to get him back onto the ground is to do a certain amount of damage to him.

Ouryu can be slept! But, like anything else, it'll build up an immunity over time. Ouryu CANNOT be slept while he is in the air.

Ouryu's 2-hour ability is Invincible, which he'll use randomly.

Strategy:
Okay rewrote this...

First... I'm going to talk about how we're going to be positioned. If you move too much from what I'm going to say, you're going to probably cause a Spike Flail.. And Spike Flail is more then likely going to kick our ass HARD. So yeah... No running around.

This is a picture from the KS99 fight I did last Saturday (Used one of the pictures from Illu forum since I'm not at home right now) and it shows how we'll be standing. Vuz and Zeal will be standing on the right paw... Mages (Haru, Rpg, Jiral, Acire) will be on the left paw. Not the dragons left and right, our left and right when we enter the BC. I think that's all that needs to be said.

We go in, buff us up as normal. As we're about to head out into the area, Jiral please refresh me (I'll tell you when). Vuz provoke it, we get into our positions. Jiral is going to need to dispel this since it's going to more then likely start out with stoneskin. Ouryu is earth based, so stick Silence and Paralyze on him, that's probably all that's going to stick. Wait until Dispel has gone off before trying to do damage. Once Stoneskin is off, and we're in our positions, I'm going to Astral Flow. This is why I'm asking for refresh at the beginning, since I'll be /healing after it goes off, and it might do an AoE during this, so any MP regen is gewd. Hopefully he's past 90% after the first minute or so.

When my Bloodpact timer is about ready again, (you'll here me in party chat) Rpg will either start with Freeze, or Aeroga II. I'd say Aeroga II might be better, but it's your call. Jiral, after you see that both Aeroga II and Aerial Blast have gone off, sleep it. And the obvious thing for Zeal and Vuz, when you see these things start to go off, disengage. During the time it's asleep, Vuz work on hate, mage's heal, Zeal look pretty Wink

As my final bloodpact timer is closing in (with Astral Flow you can usually squeeze 3 bloodpacts in) I'll let you guys know... If it wakes up within the 55-60 seconds we're hoping it's asleep, it will probably go in the air. Vuz will use the mistmelt during this time. After my bloodpact is ready, I'll do my last Aerial Blast, Rpg can either do another Aeroga II or Freeze. Jiral, try to sleep it again. After this, if you haven't already Vuz, use Invincible, and Rpg, use Manafont and spam out Freeze and Aeroga II. I'm assuming this will kill it. If not... May Altana save us...

When he's at 30% health, he'll give up, and we wwwwwwiiiiiin @_@ UNGH.

Again, we'll go over everything before the BC fight so everyone feels comfortable.

Cutscenes:
1: Zone: Tavnazian Safehold
NPC name: Justinus
2: Zone: Tavnazian Safehold
NPC name: Walnut Door

Last edited by on Sat 18 Mar 2:45; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 4-2 The Savage   Mon 13 Mar 11:07

Okay, updated the strategy since it was all wonky as it was. Also fixed the level cap, since I had it typed as 5, instead of 50 >_>;
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zeal

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: CoP 4-2 The Savage   Mon 13 Mar 11:43

id recommend BLMS and SMNS.... from what i hear, yah, they shine Smile

my old static tried with pld, sam, sam, blm, whm and war/nin.... didnt go well at all. we tried all kinds of approaches. we just didnt have the mage-power needed (and the other SAM was a moron lol).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jiral

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Strat   Mon 13 Mar 12:01

There's two possible pt setups at the top, but a strategy for only one setup at the bottom. Should I assume that I'm going as RDM? XD hehe

Also, I'm not sure who else has RDM to 50, but if 2 SMN w/ Astral Flow would make a big difference I could attempt to get my SMN to 50 before it's time for this one. SMN is currently at 40.

-J
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 4-2 The Savage   Mon 13 Mar 12:11

Yeah, we're going to go with the 2nd party setup lol. Seems like the easiest. I think we're going to need someone to dispel though, or else either my Astral flow, and Rpg's nukes are gonna suck ; ;

I'm thinking that maybe Friday after Dynamis (If we do Diabolos on Wednesday) would be a nice time to farm up our Mistmelts. And depending on how brave we're feeling/how tired we all, maybe we can even give Ouryu a shot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zeal

PostSubject: Re: CoP 4-2 The Savage   Mon 13 Mar 13:02

i really wish i had smn leveled for this fight.... its only 35. current plan sounds great with me. wednesday and friday.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 4-2 The Savage   Tue 14 Mar 10:00

Updated date. Whether or not we do Ouryu after we farm our 2-3 mistmelts will be up to how everyone feels after.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zeal

PostSubject: Re: CoP 4-2 The Savage   Tue 14 Mar 12:26

for the farming, i will be going as thf. the drop rate isnt bad, but not super awesome.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ace

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: CoP 4-2 The Savage   Thu 16 Mar 14:25

Seeing as we got 6 mistmelts (awsome)
I will be going as whm to this correct?
My rdm is lvl 1 or I would offer to take it
my smn is lvl 9 >.>;;;;

Razz anyway Whm correct? 2 yag drinks and a Hi ether will do I hope?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ace

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: CoP 4-2 The Savage   Thu 16 Mar 14:27

also might want to update the top to actually fighting oryou after dynamis on Friday >_< I cant be up to late friday night seeing that I close the store Frid and Open on Sat @_@ Hopefully I will be awake enough for this
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 4-2 The Savage   Thu 16 Mar 14:34

Yeah Aci, we need you to go as whm Smile And those items should be more then enough, since we'll also have Jiral to toss around a couple refresh as well. I've updated the post. And if we're all ready and on time.. This shouldn't take us all that long. Since all we have to do is run in there and keel him. I'd say 2 hours at the most.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zeal

PostSubject: Re: CoP 4-2 The Savage   Thu 16 Mar 17:31

Haru wrote:
Mission Name: 4-2 The Savage
Level Cap: 50

Gather together in Tavnazian Safehold at 11-11:45 EST (After United Dynamis) on Friday, March 17, 2006 for hawt Obsidian Order on Ouryu action.

lmao, nice!! ..... lol 'hawt'
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jiral

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Yay!   Thu 16 Mar 17:49

W00T! Orgy! *steals vuz's clothes, gives a midget a camera, looks for handcuffs for Rpg*

>_>
<_<

What? Just getting prepared....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoP 4-2 The Savage   

Back to top Go down

CoP 4-2 The Savage
Page 1 of 1