CoP static forum

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Haru
Admin

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2006-03-09

PostSubject: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Fri 31 Mar 15:07

Mission Name: 6-4 One to be Feared
Level Cap: Uncapped and 60

Part 1: Gather together in Jeuno at 11 PM EST (After Dynamis) on Friday, June 9, 2006 (CCB Polymer item Farm)
Part 2: Gather together in Tavnazian Safehold at XX EST on XX (Actual Fight(s))

--------------------------------------
Current CCB Count: 4 (Haru, Vuzton, Jiral, Zeal)
--------------------------------------

Setup for fight:
Tank: Vuz (Pld)
Healer: Jiral (Whm)
Support: Haru (Brd)
DD: Acire (Mnk)
DD: Zeal (Sam)
DD: Rpg (Blm)

Farming go as whatever.

Quote :
Difficulty: Hands down, the hardest mission in the game.
Quote :
This battle is very long, very hard, intense, and also very fun....We cleared the battle in 42 minutes and 37 seconds.

Everyone bring more then you think you might need... Bring A LOT more then you think you might need. Make sure your inventory is full. Also bring a re-raise item. If you don't have the gil to buy one, split it with someone, or borrow someone elses...

Mages: Lots of Yag drinks, Lots of ethers, Vile Elixer +1 are supposed to be very nice as well, since they don't give medicated effect.

Melee: LOTS of Hi-potions

Have I said to bring a lot of stuff? ^^

---------------------------------------------------------------

CCB Polymer Farming:
We have two choices from where we get our CCB Polymer. We buy it from a bazaar or AH (Currently about 250-300k) or we quest them. I'd personally rather farm the items and do the quest. We are going to be needing to spend A LOT of money on meds for this mission. Left over CCB Polymer's will be sold and split to those that came to the farming session.

Talk to the Mithra in the Tenshodo and then talk to Cid in metalworks. (You can do this after we farm this chips) So basically what we need to do is trade him 1xCarmine Chip, x1Cyan Chip, 1xGray Chip.

When we farm the chips this will be uncapped, so bring your highest job. I'll come as either Brd and Rdm for refresh. Jiral and Acire, you can both go as Whm if you like. You can farm them beforehand if you like, save a little time, but I'm still going to make this an event that we do together...

Carmine Chip:
Dropped from Mobs:
* Snow Lizard (Level: 65-68)
* Frost Lizard (Level: 73-77)
Cyan Chip:
Dropped from Mobs:
* Treasure Chest (Level: 55-60)
* Archaic Chest (Level: 80)
Gray Chip:
Dropped from Mobs:
* Diremite (Level: 42-45)
* Diremite Stalker (Level: 57-59)
* Diremite Assaulter (Level: 63-68)
* Diremite Dominator (Level: 74-77)

Everythings repop is about 16 minutes.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Head down into Sealion's Den (Tavnazian Safehold basement) and go on through the gate. We're then on the clock.

We have 45 minutes from the time we go in (CS's count towards your time) to kill 5x Mammets, Omega Weapon, and Ultima Weapon. No breaks in between. 45 minutes runs out, we get booted out.

When we first enter the BC, the CS is supposed to be about 5 minutes long. Everyone is going to go in, get the cutscene and then zone out of the BC (Touch the door). Re-entering will make you skip the cutscene as long as you don't leave Sealion's Den. Time saved.

During this fight I will keep a timer going to show us how much time we have left, so I'll keep you all updated on that as we're fighting.

Once in we're going to buff up and rest MP. Any CS's here on out you're going to SPAM your enter key and skip reading it all. Just go to the bard and rewatch the CSs. After resting MP, someone will check the airships door and tell it to approach.

CCB Polymer order will be set before entering. What they basically do is stun the enemy for about 30 seconds.

A full wipe wipe and re-raise is an option in this fight. If we wipe where we spawned, we can re-raise and continue on, since they don't regen health after being left untouched.

The 5 Mammets
They'll have all the same tricks as last time.
Mammet move list:
(draws a different weapon) - Changes job, regains some HP
Physical Shield (Transmogrify) - All physical attacks heal the Mammet for a time
Magical Shield - All magical spells heal the Mammet for some time
-aga magic - Does AoE elemental damage to the party
various weapon skills - Does AoE damage or AoE stun

During our last mammet fight I forgot to mention that sometimes, magic and physical attacks will HEAL them instead of hurt them. Everyone needs to watch it. If your physical attacks are healing them, turn around. If your magic attack is healing it, stop it.

The Mammets aren't as hard as they were during 3-2, but we have to remember that during this fight we want to use very limited resources. Yellow Liquids have the same effect as they did last time. Try to keep them on Drg job.

Don't use any items that may medicate you during this fight.

Strategy:
Vuz run at them and aggro them all, then run into a corner. Zeal, Acire and me will each pick one off of you. DO NOT provoke or melee either of the two you have left. Stand there and take the hits. Earth Staff will probably be very helpful for this part of the fight. Zeal and Acire will solo one each. I will bind kite one. Once one of the ones from Zeal or Ace is dead, you will pick the one that I've been bind kiting. After there is only one left on you Vuz, you can engage and start damaging the mammet. Also try to keep any claimed mammets (Ones that aren't on Vuz) silenced.

After they're dead, we'll get a CS, but you're going to be jamming your enter button as fast as possible to skip through it quickly. Apparently our health and MP is set back to full, so just rebuff back up (Stoneskin, blink etc) and get ready.

Omega Weapon
(physical attack) - Stun effect
Ion Efflux - Directional AoE paralyze.
Hyper Pulse - Directional AoE damage, 200-300, bind for about 10 sec.
Homing Missle - Powerful physical AoE.
Target Analysis - Drains a few attributes similar to absorb spells. Small effect. Don't bother erasing.
Rear Lasers - Directional AoE petrify. Used very infreuqently when someone behind takes aggro. So GTFO from behind him.
Pile Pitch - Throat-stab effect (lose all but a very small amount of HP) Hate reset move used when low on HP.

Strategy:
We will be fighting Omega where we enter (melee) and mages will be near the airship door.

Omega has a lot of HP. We need to do everything in our power to keep Omega facing ONLY the tank. Pretty much all his moves are based on direction, so if we keep him facing Vuz, we can avoid him raping the hell out of the mages. Chip away at his health like you normally would. Whm keep on your toes for curing status ailments. Avoid /healing unless you know someone can pick up after your job (This is what all the meds are for) Watch your hate and don't over nuke (Yeah I'm talking to you Nick...) Treat it like a safe exp party. When he starts getting lower on health (20%, or so I've read) he will use Pile Pitch a lot and go nuts. Now if you're lazy and didn't just read the list of moves I put up (/stab) it will be pretty much like what happend at Promy-Vhazl. Vuz is going to go into red, hate is going to be reset. This is where we're going to be using the CCB Polymer and one person is going to use their two hours, so we can kill him fast.

After it's killed we'll get yet another CS which we will view later at the bard (if you want) and we will rest a bit if needed.

Ultima Weapon
(physical attack) - Paralyze effect
(unknown) - Petrify effect
Chemical Bomb - Puts slow and elegy on the target.
Wire Cutter - Weapon-skill-ish move that does damage. Can be avoided by running away.
(unknown) - AoE plague effect that drains MP over time
Equalizer - Vastly powerful nasty AoE. Used at low health.
Antimatter - Very powerful single-target damage move. Used at low health.

Strategy:
Same positioning as before. Tank/melee where we spawned and mages by the door.

This is where we throw everything we've got at it. He has a lot less HP then Omega, but has fiercer attacks instead. Same as Omega, watch the hate. When it starts getting down to about 30-40% or so is when we want to bust out the 2 hr and try to rape it as fast as possible. At 20% he'll go nuts and we want to be able to keep the CCB Polymer on him.

After we finally win... You can watch the CS because once Ultima is dead, time no longer counts towards our Timer. We should be sent back to Tavnazian safehold. In one of the CS you should have the option to "check what the tarus have" to get the Ducal Guard's Ring. This warps you to Ru'Lude Gardens. (5 charges, not rechargable)

Last edited by on Mon 10 Jul 21:25; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zeal

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Fri 31 Mar 16:14

affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Thu 11 May 14:36

Not sure how many of you guys have read this strategy yet, but I'm going to say this anyway.

I've thought of a new strategy that I feel should be worth it and may make our lives easier. Instead of going as Rdm... I will be going as Brd.

Why?

1) This will let us use an evasive set up for the Mammets. Vuz can load up on Evasion gear (Bat earrings - +15 evasion while blinded, Scorpion Harness - +10 evasion if someone can lend him one, Wind Staff +10 Evasion - I can lend him mine, Blink Band - Good to use for Blinks to obsorb some of the hits that will get through the evasion) + Double Mambo.

2) Double Refresh. Mage's (and Vuz) are going to buy Yagudo Drinks. Yes, even I am going to buy some. So you'll be getting 5 MP/tick. If Jiral can sub Smn, for the extra MP and autorefresh, that's 6 MP/tick. If things start going shitty with MP, I can Soul Voice, 8-9 MP/tick.

3) Why the fuck not? Can buff up the melees with songs during Omega and Ultima. I still have Dispel (Finale) and will have Elegy.

Only disadvantage to this really is that I won't be able to help heal ~as much~ I can load up on some MP gear. I have 6 merits in MP so far, so should be able to pull in an extra 100MP or so. Also means that I can't Bind kite one of the mammets, but then again, I heard that Bind doesn't work all that well on them anyway. Also won't be able to use Blind or Paralyze... Like they would end up proxing in anyway.

Anyone object? Anyone have any better suggestions or ideas that I can add to this? Not just about going as Brd, but anything regarding 6-4.

Also would like to add, that if you (Zeal or Ace) can afford to sub ninja, it is supposed to works really well here. I will be keeping double mambo on everyone during the Mammets fight (Except the mage's of coarse.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ace

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Fri 12 May 8:47

woah well bard would definately be the way to go for lasting power, I hear ninja and bard are key for this fight , my nin sub is only lvl 27 atm but I can get it to 30 I am sure NP
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Fri 12 May 9:49

It's been done with Pld, and I'm sure most of us wouldn't want to do this twice, especially considering how much we'll be spending on meds. So I think we're good. Or maybe you were just talking about nin sub xD

But yeah, you're technically good for Nin now, Ace, you just need the Utsusemi: Ichi. 3 levels won't up your stats too much. But if you have free time to get to 30, then by all means feel free... Of coarse, Mnk would be priority over Nin xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ace

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Sat 13 May 16:58

ya geting a pt together is a pain in the ass exspecially since I dont get any unless I make them >_< gar, I'm a 58 mnk now but it took me like 32 hours to get 5k exp ; ; makes babies cry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alyafae

Number of posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Sat 13 May 21:44

we can ask the ls if anyone with a scorp harness would be willing to let me have it, my hauberk can be collateral if they don't trust me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Sat 13 May 22:03

If you look at the LS bank it'll show you all who has the LS owned Scorpion Harnesses. Ace has one (Though she'll need it), and Rpg also has one, so maybe he'll lend it to you.

http://www.illuminaire-asura.com/forum/index.php?topic=3838.0
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ace

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Mon 29 May 1:51

ok I know you guys dont wanna hear me on this but emers group fought him 5 times with pld and lost and 1 time with a ninja and won... MANY people have offered to help us out on this fight tanking exc...and if you really want to we can just do it ourselves...we can at least try Smile but I just hear its like ... 75% easier with a ninja >.O so maybe doing this twice would be a good option if it works out that way... Merrin volenteered for it I know kaz and stuff would be up for it to I am just putting it out there , lol anyway lets go for the win the first time! wooha Smile i am just saying we have options later Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Mon 29 May 2:49

We're going to do it with Pld until we become incredibly flustered with it Razz I know we have a bunch of sillies who would volunteer to be our Nin, I know Rikkua just recently volunteered as well, but I dunno. Part of me just wants us to get it done Smile We'll have to see for ourselves though, kinda hard to make any decisions right now.

We'll make our CCB Poly farm for sometime in the near future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ace

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Wed 31 May 14:18

Monk 60 Bishes... :p
need 1 more exp pt with mnk to be sure since I am like 1.6k into lvl atm XD

then 3 lvls on nin and I am good to go :3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jiral

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Farming   Tue 6 Jun 10:18

Obsidian Farming Date/Time {Can I Have It?}

Schedules Prz so we can get this done Very Happy Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zeal

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Tue 6 Jun 12:28

this is gonna sound mean and selfish:

if you guys dont start cooperating and posting schedules, or at least let us know maybe when you can do things.... im gonna look for outside help and get sea done myself. this is taking WAY too long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Tue 6 Jun 13:33

Not either Zeal, because this is getting ridiculous. If Ace (or Nick for that matter) doesn't post a schedule within the next TWO days, I will post a farming run regardless. I have one CCB pump already, which I can give to one member, and I have 2/3 chips. Kazama also has 2/3 chips and said he would farm the last when he gets the chance.

If schedules aren't posted after we have our CCB pumps, I will go ahead and make a date to do the airship fight. If you cannot attend then well... You should have posted your schedule. It's not fair that others, who have dedicated so much to this, have to continue waiting. I mean, we couldn't do anything all week because Ace or Nick didn't post their schedules. Get your shit together please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ace

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Wed 7 Jun 17:25

Um I just got back into town last night... and I had to work so um sorry?
I just got off work today I dont mean to not "cooperate"
I told everyone I was going to be out of town this weekend for my brothers graduation in Va.

Thurs 4-cl we started closing store @ 11 every night now btw
Friday 4-cl
Sat 9-5 day shift

dont have schedual after that however
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Wed 7 Jun 18:30

Farming run for CCB Poly will take place Friday night after Dynamis, so between 11-12 or so PM EST. Come when you have the opportunity. We will be going to the uncapped PsoXja tower near the Ranguemont Pass, so we can avoid having to kill the level 80 treasure chest mobs.

Quote :
Near the enterance are Cryptonberries, similar to Tonberries except they dont have Everyones Grudge and (some believe, because they dont have Grudge) they dont add to Tonberry hate. They detect with sight. Invis your way by these and head up the stairs.

Inside one of the rooms up there youll see a ???. Touch it and two golems will spawn. A Whm can apparently even tank them, so they're not hard, but they can toggle invincible. When one has invincible, the other doesnt. The one that is invincible can be hurt with magic, the other can't. So switch targets to hit the one you can damage. Kill them and check the ??? again for blue bracelets as a key item.

Now go downstairs and pass by the berries and bats and magic-aggro pots until you come to a door which you need the blue bracelets to open. (there is another door back where you get the blue bracelets, but it requires GREEN bracelets that you dont have, and is just part of an unrelated quest anyway) Past this door is a hole. Drop down when ready. Youll almost always land on a Treasure Chest, which will then attack you.

Quoted from the tread I made from 3-5. If Ace can't make this run then I will just give her the CCB pump I got from Kaz. If Ace can make the run, then we'll have an extra CCB pump if we fail our actual run.

Airship fight will be planned after we see Ace's new schedule. Please post ASAP<3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Sat 10 Jun 15:08

Good job on the chip farming last night, glad we got everyone all their chips. Sorry I couldn't be more productive, but dual boxing made it almost impossible to move around, and was overall really stressful. Once we get those availability dates up, we'll schedule when to do our 6-4 airship battle.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Mon 12 Jun 17:20

Since no one seemed to actually take the time to read my PM to everyone, except Jiral, everything here on out will just be based on what the two of us talked over on MSN. I asked for your guys' opinions but apparently "I want your guys' input on this." and "Would you guys agree with me" wasn't obvious enough.

Dry runs and the actual run will be planned seperately. After doing a few dry runs (taking 10-45 minutes each) I have a feeling people are going to be pissy, and fustrated, and we all know what can happen if we attempt something hard and are in a grumpy mood about it. If the day things are planned is a day where we have something like 5+ hours (lol) then we can do dry runs, take a break and settle down for a while, then do our official run. The only way I will agree to doing our official run is if EVERYONE feels gung-ho about. If even one person is overly fustrated, or whatever, our official run will be planned for another day.

I'm sorry if I sound like a bitch but I'm getting really fustrated. I spend so much time preparing this stuff for everyone, or I spend the time to write shit out to get everyone's opinion so people don't think "Omg Haru that slut, doesn't ever see what WE want to do" but the only person who actually seems to take the time out to read it is Jiral. If you guys agree with me or something, at least take the time to say that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zeal

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Mon 12 Jun 17:42

so, when? thats my only concern. i dont care when the fuck we do this shit. im always busy on tuesdays.

i did read your post. i dont know what to say about it, honestly. i am available everyday of the week but tuesdays. i work during the day, everyday, so 7pm-12pm (central) is when i can do things.

as far as strategy, i have no clue what jobs will work etc. id rather have ace as whm tho, because her gettting 10 levels on mnk will take months. so, i guess ace as whm, J as rdm and haru as smn is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ace

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Tue 13 Jun 12:36

yea I lvl slow I am a good whm contrary to popular belief however :p I did read your message tho and I replied with my schedual change >.<
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jiral

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Tue 13 Jun 15:09

I'm going to say (type, whatever, shaddup) this and I don't want anybody to get pissed off. This is not targeted at any one person but is aimed at everybody (including myself).

Haru has taken it upon herself to organize all of this information for us. She's gathering all of this data, compiling it, updating it, changing it as necessary. The message that she sent through the Illu forums asked for thoughts and opinions. A simple "I agree with what you said" is all she was looking for.

Why does it matter? Simple: How many times has Haru answered a question in game because one of us didn't read what she had already posted? We've ALL done it. I'm making an effort to make sure that I read and understand everything that's being posted.

If Haru's asking questions, seeking input, there's two things happening. 1) She wants to make sure that we have read and UNDERSTAND what she's typed. 2) She wants to make see if there are other ideas that might work better for us.

It doesn't take much time to do. We're all frustrated that this has gone on as long as it has (for a variety of reasons), but getting pissy with each other isn't going to help us any. If we're asked questions, provide input. Check the forum (whether you like it or not) once a day to see if anything new has been posted. Post your work schedules at your earliest possible convenience. If we do all that, we'll make it through this bish that much faster and be that much happier in the process.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ace

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Wed 14 Jun 23:44

Ok I hate to change my schedual AGAIN but its 9-5 thus fri and sat now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jiral

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Mon 26 Jun 12:51

Do we have the schedules we need to plan dry-run & active-run days? And I think I asked this before but I've already forgot - do we have a tank lined up? IIRC, Vuz gets to DD on this one and we'll have a NIN tank, right?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zeal

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Mon 26 Jun 13:52

merrin said he might help us. hes a busy guy, so we need to coordinate with him and his schedule. ive talked to him, maybe haru or jiral should too.... idk.

weekends seem better for merrin. i know hes in a limbus static.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   Mon 26 Jun 15:00

Yeah I've been trying to figure this out myself. Rpg closes Tuesday-Thursday, after that he doesn't know what his schedule is. He gets off around 5 EST tonight. I dunno if Merrin is willing to stay up that late since he may have work in the morning, if we were to do it after Rpg gets back from work. Maybe we should give it a shot for either Friday after Dynamis, his he usually attends those, or Saturday-Sunday after events, if Rpg opens or has the day off?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared   

Back to top Go down

CoP 6-4 - One to be Feared
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Obsidian Order :: Missions-
Jump to: