CoP static forum

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

CoP 3-5 Darkness Named

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haru
Admin

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2006-03-09

PostSubject: CoP 3-5 Darkness Named   Fri 10 Mar 13:26

Mission Name: 3-5 - Darkness Named
Level Cap: Uncapped for farming, 40 cap for BC

Gather together in Jeuno at 8:30-8:45 EST on Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Ahh, the Diabolos fight... And we've caught up to Rpg in CoP ;)

Tank: Vuzton (Pld)
Stunner: Rpglord (Drk)
DD: Zeal (Sam)
DD: Acire (Rng/Mnk)
Healer: Jiral (Whm)
Support/DD: Harukichi (Rdm)

Acire, not sure which you'd prefer to go as, either will probably work.

Tank: You're going to want to bring some hi-potions for the BC hun, chances are your two support mage's might be sleeping while you're getting beat on, and it's best to be safe.

Healer/Support: Yagudo Drinks for sure, and a couple ethers to be safe.

Everyone: Bring some poison potions, and if you're a mage and have WHM subbed, you'll probably need venom potions. Also... Bring a couple Silent Oils and Prism Powders to be safe as well. I, personally, have no problem splitting up Sneak/Invis as long as it's not going to put me or the rest of party in danger (Ie, me dropping invis will chance me getting agro, magic aggro)

Cutscenes:
1: Zone: Upper Jeuno
NPC name: Monberaux
2: Zone: Lower Jeuno
NPC name: Ghebi Damomohe

In order to get to the BC for this mission, you have to go into the uncapped PsoXja tower near the Ranguemont Pass and kill some mobs for colored chips. The chips you buy from goblin's in towns do not work.

This section will be for those that don't have their pass yet.
-------------------------
Near the enterance are Cryptonberries, similar to Tonberries except they dont have Everyones Grudge and (some believe, because they dont have Grudge) they dont add to Tonberry hate. They detect with sight. Invis your way by these and head up the stairs.

Inside one of the rooms up there youll see a ???. Touch it and two golems will spawn. A Whm can apparently even tank them, so they're not hard, but they can toggle invincible. When one has invincible, the other doesnt. The one that is invincible can be hurt with magic, the other can't. So switch targets to hit the one you can damage. Kill them and check the ??? again for blue bracelets as a key item.

Now go downstairs and pass by the berries and bats and magic-aggro pots until you come to a door which you need the blue bracelets to open. (there is another door back where you get the blue bracelets, but it requires GREEN bracelets that you dont have, and is just part of an unrelated quest anyway) Past this door is a hole. Drop down when ready. Youll almost always land on a Treasure Chest, which will then attack you.

The diremites in the hallway also drop chips. They're pretty common drops. Keep killing the Treasure Chest and Diremites as they spawn, and get everyone a colored chip. Doesnt matter what color, and everyone only needs one.

Head back to Jeuno and give your chips to the cat in the inn where the Tenshado is, and shell give you a Pso:Xja pass (And 500 gil ftw!)

Cutscene:
Zone: Lower Jeuno
NPC name: Ghebi Damomohe
-----------------------------
Make sure you have your 40-cap jobs and gear, gather together, and Teleport-Vazhl. We enter the tower near the outpost guards that you always pass when traveling to FeiYin.

In this PsoXja tower, there are shimmering walls with different colors. Every time you enter one, you zone, and all your buffs wear off. In 7 of the rooms there's going to be multiple colored walls. The order we want is red > black > red > black. The first area has some sight, sound, and magic aggro mobs, and then the rest are just sound.

After our last black wall, we sneak up and ride the elevator down. There will be a gate, which the pass we just recently got (!) will open and we then enter The Shrouded Maw.

Now for the excitment... Diabolos.

Diabolos has a move called Nightmare, which puts both Bio and Sleep on the person. Normally you would think "HAY HOW USELESS LOL" but this case is special. This Bio isn't going to wake you up, so you're going to be taking damage over time, while you're asleep (Diabolos uses hax..) Bio will do about 30/tic so it's pretty deadly. ANYWAYS...

We'll start on a platform looking down towards the arena, and once someone jumps off, everyone is dragged off and our BC fight begins.

Looking down, you see those squares? During parts of the fight, those squares will get removed as Diabolos' health gets lower and if you fall/get knocked down or are on a square that is removed, you get to be eaten alive by many Diremite Assaulters. So simply put, if you see yourself fall... You're dead.

There's 3 possible patterns he can remove the tiles, but there are some squares that will never be removed, which is where we want to stand.

How we start off:
OODOO
OOOOO
OOPOO
OOOOO
OOOOO

Best positioning would be:
OOTOO
OODOO
OOOOO
OOOOO
OOOMO

T= Our tank and Melee DD
D= Diabolos
P= Where we first land
M= Mage's/someone with ranged attacks.

Apparently, though I'm not sure since I haven't done this fight yet, if you look really hard at the beginning before jumping, you can see a darker outline around the tiles that will be removed. This gives you an extra clue where not to stand.

Another reason to keep so spaced out, is that with a little luck, Nightmare may only hit our tank/DD, thought it will usually hits everyone.

Now about poison potions. These won't wake you up from nightmare either, but Diabolos does use a few normal sleep spells, and the potions will wake you up from that.

Moves Diabolos does:
Nightmare - Dark-based AoE Bio & Sleep
Ultimate Terror - Drains a few attributes
Camisado - Damage and knockback
Noctoshield - Phalanx effect. Dispel this if possible.
Sleep II - Puts target to sleep. Bio or poison wakes up as normal.

So this being said:
We go in, Vuz, Zeal, Rpg (Acire if mnk) run to the square, very top, center, and establish your hate etc etc. Haru and Jiral (Acire if rng) will go to the very bottom row, 2nd to the right, do our business over there. Stun Nightmare at all costs. Weaponskill stuns work as well. He also has a knockback attack (Camisado) that CAN knock you down to your death, so keep your backs to the wall if you can. IF we end up getting Nightmared (UNGH!) Vuz should wake up first since he should have hate. If that happens, Vuz cure Jiral as soon as possible. Once Jiral is awake, cure me. I will then begin to help cure everyone else while Jiral starts erasing that nasty Bio from everyone. I'll dispel his silly Noctoshield move, so no worries there.

Cutscene:
Zone: Upper Jeuno
NPC name: Monberaux

After clearing this chapter we will now have access to Tavnazia AH (linked to Jeuno) >.> w00t.

Last edited by on Thu 16 Mar 0:43; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zeal

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: CoP 3-5 Darkness Named   Fri 10 Mar 13:37

main thing you need to worry about in this fight is Nightmare. stunning it is key. as SAM, i can use meditate and my stun WS to get most of them....kinda depends on how much he spams it. this special attk is a KILLER!!.... yes, placement of players, medicines etc etc are important, but stopping this move will insure a MUCH MUCH better success rate.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rpglord

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2006-03-10

PostSubject: Re: CoP 3-5 Darkness Named   Fri 10 Mar 21:46

just a note you can farm chips in any tower, i used the one closest to Xarcabard (Nue Tower) and killed the too weak diremites and liz on the first and second floors
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 3-5 Darkness Named   Fri 10 Mar 22:26

Orly? So we don't have to do all the blue bracelets things?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jiral

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Time?   Mon 13 Mar 11:52

So when's the planned day & time to take down this overgrown bat?

-J
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 3-5 Darkness Named   Mon 13 Mar 12:06

Vuz is going to find out tonight if or when he has work on Wednesday. If he has the day off OR works the opening shift, then we'll gather in Jeuno at around 8:30PM EST. If he has to work the closing shift, then we do it Friday night after Dynamis.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 3-5 Darkness Named   Tue 14 Mar 8:50

Date posted up. All is just waiting on Acire and if she gets her CS's done and such :P
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zeal

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: CoP 3-5 Darkness Named   Tue 14 Mar 14:56

what is the recast on stun?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin