The Obsidian Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CoP static forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Haru
Admin

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2006-03-09

CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness Empty
PostSubject: CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness   CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness EmptyFri 17 Mar à 10:55

Mission Name: 5-2 Desires of Emptiness
Level Cap: Uncapped for Pso'Xja NM, 50 cap for Vazhl

Gather together in Jeuno at 10PM EST on Saturday, March 25, 2006. We're going to farm anima for those that haven't yet while we wait for Vuz to get home from work.

Part 2: Gather together in Jeuno at 9:45PM EST on Monday, March 27, 2006

....UNGH

Tank: Vuzton (Pld)
Healer: Acire (Whm)
Support: Jiral (Rdm)
DD: Harukichi (Smn)
DD: Zeal (Sam)
DD: Rpglord (Blm)

First of all, we're going to want to farm Anima. I personally think we can all do this on our own time. When you're available, take an hour, go to one of the first three promy's, and farm up what you can. The more anima, the better.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Anima

Current Anima:
Hysteroanima - x5 (Vuz, Jiral, Haru, Zeal, Rpg)
Terroanima - x5 (Vuz, Jiral, Haru, Zeal, Rpg)
Psychoanima - x5 (Vuz, Jiral, Haru, Zeal, Rpg)

Recollection of Pain = Hysteroanima - NM will be unable to use special attacks for 20-30 seconds

Recollection of Guilt = TerroAnima - NM runs around for 20-30 seconds and does little to attack.

Recollection of Fear = PsychoAnima - NM will not use basic attacks very well for 20-30 seconds

In Promyvion-Dem:
Wanderers drop Recollection of Pain
Weepers drop Recollection of Guilt
Seethers drop Recollection of Fear

In Promyvion-Holla:
Wanderers drop Recollection of Fear
Weepers drop Recollection of Pain
Seethers drop Recollection of Guilt

In Promyvion-Mea:
Wanderers drop Recollection of Guilt
Weepers drop Recollection of Fear
Seethers drop Recollection of Pain

--------------------------------------------------------------------

To mages: Echo drops, couple ethers too probly.

To melee: Potions, and a couple antidotes as well.

To everyone: Poison/Venom potions and Holy water.

Okay, so we need to head over so Pso'Xja through the entrance at far northwest (Should be F-7) and this area will be uncapped. After going forward a bit we should find a stone door. Checking it spawns a NM golem that apparently has about 100/tic regen, so this should be fun. After it's dead we get sneak up and head down the elavator, watch the cutscenes (They are apparently long >.> /shocked), and then get thrown into Promyvion-Vhazl.

Promy-Vazhl is supposed to be like all the other Proms rolled into one. There will be five levels this time instead of four. All of the monsters here are tougher so we want to avoid fighting more than one at a time. In the previous proms, empty could be any of the 6 elemental elements. In Vazhl they can be light or dark too. The Memory Receptacle fights are also harder. Also, on levels three, four, and five, we need to find Memory Fluxs for mandatory minibosses before proceeding. Fun fun fun!

First floor isn't supposed to be too bad. Our Strays will also look different this time...
CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness Seether Surprised
On every floor, including floor one, there's still a chance of getting a fake MR.

Now when we finally make it to floor three, is where we need to start spawning the NMs at the memory fluxs. We buff up, clear anything that may be too close to us, and then have Vuz pop the NM. On floor three, it's a Propagator (Dem boss), four a Solicitor (Mea boss), and five is a Ponderer (Holla boss). They each fight similarly to the previous promy bosses, not as hard, but still should be a challenge.

Solicitor/Mea - AoE poison and AoE damage. Watch your health and use antidotes if you can.

Ponderer/Holla - Drains buffs and AoE sleep. Use your poison/venom potions. Throw up a couple dummy buffs (Bar spells) as well.

After we kill each of the NM's on the floors, check the Memory Flux again to get a CS. A nice thing about Promy-Vhazl is that after each of the CS's we have the option to warp back out of Pso'Xja, and then it also allows you to warp back up, kinda like mini save points I guess. Also... Don't use your 2 hrs, as we want to save them for the bosses (heh) on the top floor. D:

And now for the bosses...

CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness Cop52d

Their moves:
Carousal -Cumulator- AoE damage (center of AoE is the Boss itself)
Impalement -Cumulator- Does tremendous damage to one target but does not kill. Also resets hate.
Promyvion Brume -Cumulator- AoE 12 damage/tic poison
Fission -Procreator- Spawns 1 or 2 Stray-type enemies
Trinary Tap -Agonizer- Drains 3 buffs off of one target
Shadow Spread -Agonizer- AoE Curse and Sleep status effects
Trinary Absobsion -Agonizer- Drains life from one target. Used at low HP

Strategy:
Okay, so for this fight, we're going to be fighting all of the same types of NM we just killed on the way up, and the same bosses from the first three promy's. So yeah, we have three NM infront of us. Luckily, it's like the Celery BCNM (Sort of), you pick one and the rest don't do anything. Once we attack one, a set "aggro order" will start.

Cumulator = Mea, Procreator = Dem, Agonizer = Holla

Procreator>Agonizer>Cumulator
Cumulator>Procreator>Agonizer
Agonizer>Cumulator>Procreator

So basically how it works is this: If we attack Procreator first, when it gets to 20% hp, Agonizer will aggro us, and once Agonizer is at 20% hp, Cumulator will aggro us. Pretty simple, huh? From what I've read thus far, Cumulator>Procreator>Agonizer seems like the most recommended. Cumulator is apparently the most likely to kill someone straight out with Impalement, so if we think we're losing/going to lost, we can escape out without losing many resources or 2hrs. Agonizer is also supposed the hardest, so having him last means we can go all out on our 2hrs/whatever we have left.

So, we pick our first target, and then wait for the next to aggro. Rdm or Rng should shadowbind the next one, as to not cause too many problems. Anima can also be used to help delay him. If Vuz happens to die on the first one due to Impalement, we zone out, and try again.

If we decide to do an anima order, we'll set it up while we go over stradegy, right before we enter the fight.

Cutscene:
Zone: Beacedine Glacier
NPC name: 3 Taru's

Last edited by on Tue 28 Mar à 9:20; edited 16 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Item requests   CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness EmptyFri 17 Mar à 16:01

Since it looks like this is gonna be a bit of a witch, I would ask everyone to have SOME supply of the following so that the WHM isn't trying to Poisona people when they should be curing Vuz:

Promyvion Brume -Cumulator- AoE 12 damage/tic poison
- Antidotes

Shadow Spread -Agonizer- AoE Curse and Sleep status effects
- Holy Water for Curse, Poison Potion to ward off sleep. (Yes, I see the irony of running from one mob's poison and using your own to beat another mob in the same fight Very Happy )

I'm not sure what quantities would be good for which people, but if people have these available, it'll let the mages focus on curing and keeping people alive.

Or, I could be overreacting at the site of these things all gathered together and we don't need it at all. Thoughts?

-J
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness   CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness EmptyFri 17 Mar à 16:11

Yeah, I put Holy water and venom/poison potions in the main post. I think having antidotes would probably be a good idea as well, I'll add that. They aren't NEEDED, but they will help. We'll be fighting the Cumulator first, which uses the AoE poison, and the Agonizer last, which is where we want poison. So yeah, for the Cumulator, melee bring antidotes to help save your mages some trouble. It'll be the first mob we take down, so after it's dead, nothing to worry about regarding antidotes.
Back to top Go down
zeal

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness   CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness EmptyFri 17 Mar à 17:50

<---- 60 alchemy

get me supplies and i can make potions up Smile btw, holy water is like the cheapest synth in the game lol.
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness   CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness EmptyWed 22 Mar à 19:23

K, date posted based on Vuz, Rpg and Acire's availability.. Hopin it works for everyone :O Coffee {Please check it}^^ (or whatever drinks might help you stay awake ;)
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness   CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness EmptyThu 23 Mar à 0:25

Okay, so Vuz, Jiral and I have all 3 anima. Make sure those who haven't gotten any yet work on it... Wink

Updated the main post with information on anima ;o
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness   CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness EmptyThu 23 Mar à 21:42

Vuz had to switch shifts with someone so he's now closing on Saturday... But should be home by around 12:30-12:45 EST. Would anyone object to starting around that time? Or is that just way too late for everyone? I personally have no problem staying up till wee hours, just not sure about you guys :x
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness   CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness EmptyFri 24 Mar à 1:48

1 EST is Midnight here. I can function until around 2 am, around which point I run the possibility of making any number of mistakes. Will I stay up that late? Sure! How good will I be? Eh.... heh... I'll put on some coffee & do my best LOL
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness   CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness EmptyFri 24 Mar à 2:04

You know, if Vuz got all his stuffies ready before he left for work, I could control him up until the point where we get into Promy-Vhazl, and that there would save us at least 30 minutes. *hint hint* Whip
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness   CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness EmptyFri 24 Mar à 9:44

K, set time to a bit earlier. Vuz will have his stuff ready either the night before or earlier in the day. If not, I'll be getting him ready and he'll have no excuse to complain if I equip him wrong Whip So, unless any of you have much objection.. We'll gather around that time, head over, and make our way through as much as we can until Vuz gets his booty home.

I hope you guys have helped farm up some anima T.T

I'd like AT LEAST our goal to be to make it up past some of the floor NM. Then again, if we beat them all, I'd see no real reason to take it all the way, but we'll see how awake everyone is.
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Schedule   CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness EmptySun 26 Mar à 13:26

Here are the times when I'll be available the week of Mon, 3-27 to Fri, 3-31:

Mon: 7 EST to Midnight EST
Tue: 7 EST to Midnight EST
Wed: 7 EST to whenever
Thu: All day
Fri-Sun: Variable, depends on what Snug's got planned. Let me know any plans for the group and I'll be able to let ya know if I can make it.

-J
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness   CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness EmptySun 26 Mar à 14:23

It should only take us 2 hrs to finish everything. 3 at the absolute most.
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness   CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness EmptySun 26 Mar à 22:03

Okay, we're going to attempt this tomorrow to START at around 10, meaning we're all going to Tele-Vhazl at about 9:45. Rpg, I want you to log out inside Pso'Xja, so when you come back at 10, you're already there and we can get in asap. Let's get this done @_@ UNGH
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness   CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness Empty

Back to top Go down

CoP 5-2 Desires of Emptiness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Obsidian Order :: Missions-
Jump to: