The Obsidian Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CoP static forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CoP 5-3 Three Forks

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Haru
Admin

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2006-03-09

CoP 5-3 Three Forks Empty
PostSubject: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyFri 17 Mar à 15:45

This section has taken me over 4 hours to type up... And no, I'm not kidding. As I get new information, and maybe new strategies, I'll post them/update this. I'll make new posts in this thread about what I've updated. Feel free to post or correct any mistakes.

Okay, this is going to be LONG, apparently as long as it takes to get all of the Zilart missions done. The way I'm setting up this post will be so that we can see the dates at the top, but then you need to make use of the Ctrl+F function, or get busy scrolling.

This mission splits into three parts:
Tenzen's Path:
Gather together in Jeuno at 11:30PM EST on Saturday, April 1 2006 (50 and 60 cap)
Louverance's Path:
Bugbear: Gather together in Jeuno 11:30AM on Sunday, May 28 (Though technically the 29) (60 cap)
Gold Key Farm: Gather together in Jeuno X:XX on XX (Uncapped)
Ulmia's Path:
Shikaree Fight: Gather together in Jeuno at 10PM EST on Tuesday, April 4, 2006(50 cap)
Cluster Core Farm: Gather together in Tavnazian Safehold X:XX on XX (50 cap)
Snoll Tzar: Gather together in Jeuno at 11:00PM EST on Thursday, April 13, 2006 (60 cap)

Go over them all, see what parts you can solo. Try to keep prepared.

Before starting on the paths, make your way to Metalworks and talk to Cid. You'll be given the option to pick which path you want to do, which really doesn't matter at all. What you choose will not effect anything.

Tenzen's Path
Locations: Pso'Xja and Lower Delfutt's Tower
Level Caps: 50 cap, uncapped, 60 cap

Tenzen's path has no BC fights, but has two Pso'Xja dungeons and an uncapped NM. In terms of difficulty, it is supposed to be right in the middle. The dungeons shouldn't be taken lightly though.

Tank: Vuzton (Pld)
Healer: Jiral (Whm)
Support: Harukichi (Rdm)
DD: Acire (Rng or Mnk)
DD: Zeal (Sam or Thf)
DD: Rpglord (Blm)

5-3(TP)1 - Spiral
Cutscene:
Zone: La Theine Plateau
NPC name: ???

After getting this CS, we teleport to Vhazl for more fun and excitment in Pso'Xja!! We'll be using the tower closest to Fei’Yin at (F-8).

This Pso’Xja tower has a bunch of stone doors. When you check it, a golem NM named Gargoyle spawns. It isn’t supposed too hard, and it will never Meltdown, but it might take a little bit to kill. Once we kill the Gargoyle, the stone door opens for a brief time. About 10 seconds. Everyone in the party MUST get through in time. DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN THE STONE DOOR FROM THE OTHER SIDE! If you do, you will be teleported entirely out of the Pso’Xja tower, and then you’re totally screwed. If you or someone else fails to make it through a door, the person who didn't make it through the door will touch the door again, pop the Gargoyle, die, and then be tractored and raised.

There are sixteen of these stupid doors. The doors are split up into four sets of four each. The first set of four has no mobs. The second set has Thousand Eyes and Cryptonberry mobs in the rooms. The third set has Magic Millstones (pots) and if the weather is Ice (as it usually is) a Snoll enemy. The fourth set has Cryptonberries. They can aggro right through the doors, especially the pots, so we need to kill anything that will aggro in the room or the next before spawning the NM. After each set of four doors we'll be in a safe area that we can rest. The Pso'Xja mobs apparently spawn back fairly quickly though, so we need to plan rests accordingly.

If there's a point where we have a full wipe in the dungeon, it'll probably mean taking a homepoint due to all the magic agro mobs and Cryptonberry. Thf can also use skeleton keys on the doors, but the key will sometimes even fail. I personally don't think we should bother using the gil on this.

Once we get through the 16th door, sneak up and we head down the elevator. Sound-aggro Diremite Assaulters are down there. Let's hope no more elements... ; ; Check the avatar gate for a cutscene. After this cutscene, so we can now make our way back to Jeuno.

5-3(TP)2 - Branded
Cutscenes:
1: Zone: Upper Jeuno
NPC name: Monberaux
2: Zone: Ru'Lude Gardens
NPC name: Pherimocial
3: Zone: Upper Jeuno
NPC name: Monberaux

5-3(TP)3 - Pride and Honor
Cutscenes:
Zone: Battalia Downs
NPC name: ???
Check it again to get the key item.

Next part is uncapped in Lower Delkfutt’s Tower, where we'll head to the Cermet Gate at (H-5). Touching the gate will spawn a NM called Disaster Idol. The element of the magic it casts is based on the day. So if it's Ice day, it'll cast Ice magic. After we kill it, touch the door again and get a CS.

5-3(TP)4 - And the Compass Guides (Soloable)
Bring Silent Oils and Prism Powders... Including mages.

Okay, so this is capped at level 60, so now you can bring your AF. If you need to go before we do this as a group, it'll be your responsibility to do it by yourself on your own time before our next CoP event. We will enter Pso'Xja (Yes... again..><) from the tower closest to Batallia Downs at (H-10) If you zone into the right tower, you'll get a CS.

Our goal is to make it to the elevator in the very middle of this vertical maze of a tower. There are sneak-aggro (eyes), sight-aggro (goblins) and magic-aggro (pots) mobs all over the place. No one run ahead of anyone. If you need to replace either Sneak or Invisible on yourself, say it to the party. Everyone stop and wait.

CoP 5-3 Three Forks Psoxja7gk

A lot of the doors are one-way and make sure sneak is on because once again there are diremites at the bottom (and hopefully no more ele's for me to stupidly aggro again) Once off of the elevator, check the gate, and then we can warp out to finish in Bastok.

Cutscene:
Zone: Metalworks (Bastok)
NPC name: Cid

Louverance's Path
Locations: Oldton Movapolis, Mine Shaft #2716
Level cap: 60

This is supposed to be the easiest part of 5-3. Do the CS for 5-3(LP)1 and 2 solo before we do 5-3(LP)3

Healer: Jiral (Whm)
Support: Harukichi (Rdm)
DD: Acire (Mnk)
DD: Zeal (Sam)

Melee: Potions
Mages: Yag drinks, ethers.

5-3(LP)1 - Southern Legend
Cutscenes:
1: Zone: Tavnazian Safehold
NPC name: Despachiaire
2: Zone: Windurst Woods
NPC name: Perih Vashai

5-3(LP)2 - Partners Without Fame
Cutscenes:
1: Zone: Purgomorgo Isle
NPC name: ??? Warmachine
2: Zone: Windurst Walls
NPC name: Yoran-Oran

To get to Puromorgo Isle, you need to take the Manaclipper from Bibiki Bay. There are different possible places that it will take you, so pay attention to where she says it's going. It might also take a bit of time...

http://ffxi.killvoid.com/nav.html

Use this if you need help figuring out when the Puromorgo Isle boat leaves.

5-3(LP)3 - A Century of Hardship
Either before the BC fight, or after, we need farm up gold keys. If someone wants, they can also purchase one. If purchased, don't expect anyone to pay you back. They drop in Newton Movapolis from:
* Goblin Fireman (Newton Movalpolos) (Level: 66-69)
* Goblin Packman (Newton Movalpolos) (Level: 66-69)
* Moblin Yardman (Newton Movalpolos) (Level: 66-69)
* Goblin Lengthman (Newton Movalpolos) (Level: 66-69)
* Goblin Foreman (Newton Movalpolos) (Level: 66-69)

Current Gold Keys: 6/6

Make sure you have all your 60 cap gear and we'll Tele-dem and head over to Oldton Movapolis from the far entrance from North Gustaburg, not the one you escape out of. They are right near eachother, but we want the one is more to the east. You're also going to need to make sure you have quite a bit of gil... That, or a Snow Lily.

Once we get inside, a moblin named Twinkbrix will offer to play a game with you. Give him up to 10k, and he rolls dice. If you win, you get an ENM item plus teleportation privileges. The more you pay, the better your odds. People have paid 1k and won, and others can pay 10k 8 times and still lose. It’s luck. Cough up the gil until you win. Then pay the moblin an additional 2k and he’ll teleport you straight to Mine Shaft #2716. Don't even think of doing the ENM though, at least not until sometime after we finish the upcoming BC fight.

You can also trade a Snow Lily to Tarnotik at (K-10) in Oldton Movalpolos. After trading him the Snow Lily, you pay him another 2k and he'll teleport you to the Mine Shaft. We have also have 3 people to activate the 3 Levers at the same time to raise the bridge to cross to Movalpolos Newton and use at least 3 Firesand items to activate the Furnace to turn the Turnstile Gates for the party to reach the BC.

I'll let you guys choose between if you want to pay for a Snow Lily or if you want do play luck with the Goblin Dice. If others would rather do the Firesand method, then speak up on here.

CoP 5-3 Three Forks Untitled2tj

Moblin/Bugbear moves:
Chekochuk -Blm/Staff- AoE magic damage
Trikotrak - Rdm/Sword- One-target magic damage and Debuffing magic
Movamuq -Whm/Club- Healing magic and debuffs like Dia and Silence Swipstik -Thf/Knife- One-target damage with varying effects
Bugbby -War/Mnk/Fists- AoE damage. Uses Mighty Strikes and Counter

Strategy:
The BC is against four moblins and one bugbear. The moblins are a Whm, Blm, Rdm, and Thf. The Bugbear can use both Counter and use Mighty Strikes. They are immune to sleepga, so we need to spread out and pick targets.

We want to kill the Whm moblin first. Then Blm, then either Thf or Rdm. Keeping the Blm silenced will probably also be a good idea.

As Rdm, I will take and kite the bugbear, while Vuz takes two of the moblins, Acire and Zeal take one each as well. I will use Gravity at the beginning of the fight, and kite him until the other Goblin's start to call out for him. SPREAD OUT AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. Everyone try to go to a different corner, and someone can even go back up the path leading into the center part of the BC. Bugbear will somewhat self-kite himself running back and forth between the whining Moblins.

Use Yagudo drinks until I can run over and Refresh you.

After the fight we need to head on back to Bastok.

Cutscenes:
1: Zone: Metalworks
2: Zone: Mine Shaft 2716
NPC name: Mine Shaft Entrance

To get the CS at the Mine Shaft Entrance, trade the Gold Key to it. And yes, you're either going to have to play with Twinkbrix again or buy another Snow Lily.

Last edited by on Mon 29 May à 2:50; edited 28 times in total
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyFri 17 Mar à 15:46

Ulmia's Path
Locations: Boneyard Gulley and Bearclaw Pinnacle
Level caps: 50 and 60

5-3(UP)1 - Entanglement
This is supposed to be hard... Very hard. It consists of 2 BC fights. Do the CS for 5-3(UP)1 and 2 solo before we do 5-3(UP)3

Party setup for both BC:
Healer: Acire (Whm)
Support: Jiral (Rdm)
DD: Harukichi (Smn)
DD: Zeal (Sam)

Cutscenes:
1: Zone: South San d'Oria
NPC name: Hinaree
2: Zone: Port San d'Oria
NPC name: none
3: Zone: North San d'Oria
NPC name: Chasalvige

5-3(UP)2 - Head Wind
Cutscenes:
1: Zone: Windurst Waters
NPC name: Kerutoto
2: Zone: Windurst Walls
NPC name: Yoran-Oran
Kerutoto is also the NPC to start the Diabolos quest so make sure you talk to her twice.

Now we make our way to Boneyard Gully. To get there we need to go through Attohwa Chasm (just try not to look at the mountain >.>) Once we get to Boneyard Gully, check the Dark Miasma for a cutscene and we'll be sent a 50 cap BC fight against... Mithra :o

CoP 5-3 Three Forks Headwind2zy

Mithra moves (<_<):
Pet Jug -Shikaree X (BST/NIN)- Has a pet summoned at the beginning
Knife weapon skills -Shikaree X (BST/NIN)- Varies depending on skill, can skillchain with others
Scythe weapon skills -Shikaree Y- (DRK/WAR)- Varies depending on skill, can skillchain with others
Call Wyvern -Shikaree Z (DRG/WHM)- Summons a wyvern when the battle begins
Polearm weapon skills -Shikaree Z (DRG/WHM)- Varies depending on skill, can skillchain with others

Items:
To be honest... I don't think we're really going to need too many medicines, as they are going to die pretty quickly. Everyone bring their usual couple of hi-pots and hi-ether's to be safe. If you don't use them, you'll at least have them for the next fight.

Strategy:
Okay, so we'll be up against 3 kitties. Shikaree X, which is a Bst/Nin, Shikaree Y, which is a Drk/War, and Shikaree Z, which is a Drg/Whm. So basically, after the Bst and Drg call their pets out, we'll be against 5 mobs.

The Mithra gain TP very quickly, and use their WS rapidly and WILL try to skillchain on you. They will try to SC on the person who currently has the most hate. These Mithra can be slept! woot, but their resistance to it is pretty high. Sleeping them will help prevent them from doing skillchains.

The Bst pet and Wyvern will not vanish when their masters die, but if we beat all three Mithra, the battle will end immediately. One the pets die, their masters can no longer resummon them or new pets at all.

The plan here is for Vuz to run in and Provoke Shikaree Z (should be the one in the center) to grab all their attention while I go in and Astral flow all of them. This should really hurt the Mithra and probably kill off their pets. As my first Astral Flow ability goes off (I'll probably use the avatar based on what day it is), Rpg needs to ES Sleepga II. After Sleepga II, try to stay close to Vuz so that if they wake up before I can Astral Flow again, they can stay bunched together. This should hopefully give me some time to Astral Flow again, at which point we finish killing them off one by one.

There's no cutscenes that we need after this.

Next, we need to farm some Cluster Cores. They can be purchased from bazaars as well. They drop from bomb cluster enemies, which are different from normal bombs. They spawn in foggy weather in Lufaise Meadows and Misrareux coast and are a 100% drop. Thf can attempt to steal an additional cluster as well. If we can't get enough, or any, this way we'll all grab our 50 gear and head back into Riverne-Site#B01. The Atomic Clusters are always up here, regardless of weather. We'll either do this after our Mithra Shikaree BC, before Snall Tzar, or it will be a seperate event on its own.

There is an orc in the Ulgeruerand Range named Dodzbraz located at (F-9) that wants two cluster cores, and every time you give him two, he gives you the Rare/Ex item Shu'Meyu Salt. I'd like us to aim to get 3 at the minimum.

One we have our salts we'll make our way to Bearclaw Pinnacle, which is accessed from the Uleguerand Range. For those that haven't been to Ulgeruerand Range before, it's full of sound, sight, magic and true sight mobs, so make sure to bring some Silent Oils and Prism Powder. This fight is 60 cap.

Snoll Tzar moves:
Berserk - Increases Snolls attack but lowers defense. We'll be very happy if we see this move.
Cold Wave - AoE Frost
Freezing Rush - Weapon-skill-ish move that does roughly 1000 damage
Heimel Storm - Directional AoE for high damage
Hypothermal Meltdown - Self destruct move, we fail the battle

Items:

Mages: Yagudo Drinks, Ether/hi-ethers

Melee: Hi-potions, you'll need 'em. Bring your best food.

Everyone: Silent Oils and Prism Powder (To get to the BC)

Strategy:
Kill the bugger as fast as we can...

Okay, the Snoll Tzar will aggro anyone that gets within any sort of range against it, so there is no time for a first strike. Once it starts moving, we have 45 seconds to kill it before it blows up. At 15 and 30 it will “be emitting a large amount of steam” and grow in both actual size and in brute force of attacks. Once the 45 seconds are up, it will use a self-destruct move that does heavy damage to everyone. If it blows up, even if someone survives the blast, we lose, end of story. We are then ejected from the BC. This can't be stunned and can't be avoided unless we beat the Snoll before it finishes using the move. Yeah, the Snoll Tzar will also be trying to kill us during the BC fight, it won't just stand there, and it even has a move that's supposed to do around 1000 damage.

It's estimated that the Snoll Tzar has around 9000 HP... So we gotta do 9000 damage within 45 seconds. Damn. This is where the Shu'Meyu Salt we have comes in. It takes 10-15 seconds to use and will basically make the next 15 seconds that it's in effect not count toward the 45 second timer. If someone uses a second salt before the first one is finished, we won't get the effect of the 2nd salt, which means we're losing time we had counted on having. Once we see the message "The Snoll Tzar starts to melt!" it's okay for the next person to begin using their salt, since they take 15 seconds to use. The message you see when the salt wears off will be “The Snoll Tzar shakes off the salt!” For sure, we should be able to get two salts off, which gives us 75 seconds (1 minute, 15 seconds) and if we get all three, that'd be 90 seconds (1 minute, 30 seconds)

This fight is going to take a lot of skill, and if we die during it, we're going to have to farm more clusters, and wait at least two hours for our two hour abilities to come back.

Salt order will probably be: Acire → Haru → Jiral → Vuz

Once we aggro the Snoll Tzar, that is when Acire is going to use our first salt. I'll Astral Flow (When don't I Astral Flow as Smn ;P) and after I see the "The Snoll Tzar starts to melt!" message, or Acire's macro, I will use the second salt. Jiral will chainspell cast Fire II onto the Snoll Tzar, and during the first 15 seconds that Acire is using her salt, if Vuz's hp starts going down too low for comfort, start tossing some cures his way. Zeal, you'll want to 2hr as Sam, and if you and Rpg want to make a skillchain that you can burst off of, that'd be even better. He's weak to fire. If not, just go and do your thing. Rpg... Just burn your MP and when you're short, Manafont. Shortly after Jirals chainspell wears off, he can hopefully throw in the 3rd salt (assuming he's not dead) Vuz, you're going to have a fun time with this one. Save invincible for the SECOND you see him turn to someone else. Mage's need to be a little cautious with the spells... We do want to kill him as fast as possible, but we also don't want to risk him coming over and one shotting you.

Somewhat-less-messy-maybe-updated-strategy:
∙Go in, buff up, rest to full.
∙Run in, Snoll moves, Acire uses first salt.
∙Vuz Provoke, do all your fun hate getting moves.
∙Rpg starts casting Burst or Flare.
∙Zeal Meikyo Shisui and self skillchain Fusion. Tachi: Kagero → Tachi: Goten or Koki. I'm assuming Koki is stronger?
∙As Zeal gets his first WS off, Jiral Chainspells, and begins his Fire II spamming. Vuz also uses Invincible at this time.
∙Fusion SC goes off... Burst or Flare should land... And hopefully we get 2 or so MB from the Fire II being chainspelled.
∙Continue on with the Fire II until you're out of MP. If you have to, run back a bit and convert. Stoneskin and Blink might be your friends too.
∙Rpg continues firing away (Pun intended?) at the snoll, Firaga II, Fire II, Firaga, Fire, whatever your silly heart desires. Everyone else continue their thing and try to rape him good.
∙Have Bene ready Ace :o

This is probably one of the more intense missions in the game, so we need to try to stay calm and not panic. To help our with the salt timing, it'd probably be a good idea to make a macro something along the lines of...

/item "Shu'Meyu salt" <bt>
/p Using salt
/wait 15
/p Salt officially on the silly bomb, <p#> next! GoGo!

I'm not sure of what wording you want to use, just an example, but yeah. Also keep in mind that, like any other item, you won't be able to cast any spells or anything for a couple seconds after.

When we finally kill him, we'll be off to head back to Bastok.

Cutscene:
Zone: Metalworks
You should also get an additional cutscene from him after clearing all of the paths.

Finally onto chapter 6 after this...

Last edited by on Mon 10 Apr à 11:51; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyFri 17 Mar à 16:13

Haru wrote:
Ultima's Path

Dun throw us to that bish yet, I'd rather go Ulmia's path. hehe
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyFri 17 Mar à 16:15

Haru wrote:
To get there we need to go through Attohwa Chasm (just try not to look at the mountain >.>)

Just remember: Terrets. *goes back to reading*
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyFri 17 Mar à 16:16

>_>
<_<

Lol, my bad. Fixed it >.> It's been a long day of posting stuff :P
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyMon 20 Mar à 12:07

Updated:
5-3(LP)3 - A Century of Hardship
-Added a Bugbear and Moblins piccy :D
-Updated the information regarding the Gold Keys we'll need.
-Updated the information about methods to get to Mine Shaft #2716

5-3(TP)4 - And the Compase Guides
-Added a picture with the directions that we need to go. I apologize for my inability to draw straight lines on paint. D:

5-3(UP)2 - Head Wind
-Added silly picture of the Mithra's.
Back to top Go down
zeal

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyMon 27 Mar à 12:39

diremites agro?
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyMon 27 Mar à 12:43

Diremite Dominator and Diremite Assaulters do yeah.
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyTue 28 Mar à 9:46

Okay... By 'popular' demand (Ok so it's just basically your guys' complaining about having your 50 cap gear still >.>) we'll try and get as much 50 cap stuff out of the way first (And since you guys don't really seem to care at all which order we do this stuff in Wink)

Order we'll do it in so far:

Tenzen's Path (All of it) → Shikaree Fight → Farm Cluster Cores → Snoll Tzar → Farm Gold Keys → Bugbear

Farming Cluster Cores will be rinsed and repeated depending on how successful (or unsuccessful) we are. For those that have read through this, you'll know that the Snoll Tzar fight is really short, but it's something we can't just retry right after if we fail. If we fail, we can either go farm more cluster cores and just try again another night, or leave the cluster core farm for the same day that we do Snoll Tzar again. It's very important that no one uses their 2 hours before we do Snoll Tzar!!! ><

If you have any suggestions they are always welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyWed 29 Mar à 9:29

We'll do Tenzen's Path either Thursday after skyfarm (around 10) or Saturday night at around 11:15-11:30 (depending on when Ace gets home) I'm assuming this will take us about 2-3 hours if we do the last part together. If you're tired/don't feel like continuing after the doll NM you can complete the rest solo anytime between then and by the time we finish 5-3. If anyone has a major objection about one of the times, speak now, or forever hold your peace Wink I need to talk to Vuz about something, so I'll post the time we do this later on tonight.

Everyone needs to make sure they've talked to Cid.

This will probably be our last longer mission in a while, as we'll be doing the rest of the stuff in little clumps. Shikaree shouldn't take much more then an hour, Bugbear shouldn't take much more then an hour, and same with Snoll Tzar. Only "long" thing might just be farming up our gold keys, but we know how unpredictable drop rates can be.
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyWed 29 Mar à 12:07

Haru wrote:
Everyone needs to make sure they've talked to Cid.

Huh? I'm trying to see where there's a CS with Cid, but I dun see it. I'm probably blind, but I just want to make sure: Do we need to talk to Cid after talking to the 3 taru before starting out on any of the 3 forks?

-J
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyWed 29 Mar à 12:21

Yeah, I only mentioned it in one of the three paths that you need to talk to Cid first, sorry for the confusion, I knew I'd probably miss a few things :< But yeah, after talking to the three taru inside the building in Beaucidine (you don't actually get a CS from the taru's, they just talk) go to Bastok and talk to Cid. You'll eventually get three options on what you want to do. Doesn't matter what you pick really, I picked to find the boy first, and that's Tenzen's path. Finding Prishe is Ulmia's, and whatever the top option is is Louverance.

When we get together in Jeuno either Thursday night or Saturday night, we'll all teleport to holla together and get the CS there.
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Map Quest   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyWed 29 Mar à 12:56

It looks like there's an opportunity during this to acquire the map to Attowa Chasm. There's a fight that needs to take place on the island (the one we take the Manaclipper to), but after that it's just running around the Chasm.

Link here:
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/db/quests.html?realm=&fquest=496

Obviously, we don't HAVE to do this, but I like getting as many maps as I can get my hands on. Do we want to take out these island mobs while we're there, or just say screw the map for now?

-J
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyWed 29 Mar à 13:08

The part where we go to Purgomorgo Isle is in Louverance's Path, and is a part that we were supposed to do solo/during our free time/sometime before we do the Bugbear fight.

If you wanna go down there sometime and duo them up though J, I'd be more then willing to go as brd and horde lullaby 'em. Maybe we can even drag Vuz down to help make killing quicker ;P
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyWed 29 Mar à 18:44

Time is up.
Back to top Go down
zeal

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyThu 30 Mar à 12:33

just so i dont confuse myself too much, ill bring 50 and 60 gear for my SAM. i will not be going as THF.
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Recall CS   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptySun 2 Apr à 20:05

Anybody know which NPC will let me see the final CS on Tenzen's Path? The one with Fenrir? It was 4 am and I mashed {Enter Key} all the way through it.
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptySun 2 Apr à 20:35

The bard in Tavnazian Safehold should play all the CoP CS I think.
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyMon 3 Apr à 10:55

Everyone make sure that you do your CS in both Sandy and Windy ASAP. We'll be doing the Shikaree fight sometime this week between... Today and Friday, since Rpg won't be available all weekend. I'd give a date but Acire hasn't given us any word on her scedule yet.
Back to top Go down
zeal

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyMon 3 Apr à 13:16

so, for clarification's sake, we are doing ulima's path?
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyMon 3 Apr à 13:38

Yup, first half of Ulmia's path.
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyTue 4 Apr à 8:19

For those that didn't see me say it on LS chat last night, and incase Jiral forgot when I sent him a tell, we'll be gathering together in Jeuno at 10 to Tele-mea and head over to Boneyard Guilly. For the overly silly, that's Tele-mea>Shakrami Maze>Attowa Chasm>Boneyard Gully. We'll be starting the fight at around 10:15-10:30/when Rpg gets back from work. I asked him to log in Boneyard Gully. Fight is 30 minute max fight, but should only take us 10-15. Just remember the CS in both Sandy and Windy Ninja
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyWed 5 Apr à 9:08

Good job on the Shikaree fight everyone, and special thanks to Nick for coming up with the craziest and most suicidal strategy Wink I'm glad Acire didn't switch to MNK, and stayed as WHM. I need to check how much "good footage" I got from it when I get home.

About Cluster Core/Salt: If someone wants to go out into Lufaise Meadows/Misareaux Coast during their free time and farm up some Cluster Cores, please do so. 2 Cores = 1 salt. I think 4 salts should be enough per run. Me (Smn) Acire (Whm) and Jiral (Rdm) will be given one salt for sure, Vuz will probably be given the last salt, as there's going to be a time during the fight where he's just not going to be able to hold hate. So we need EIGHT cluster cores. If you get the opportunity, farm up more, incase our first run doesn't go so well.

Cluster Cores so far: Acire (2) Zeal (1) Haru (1) Jiral (4)

Post here if you have any Cores, so we can know how much we have so far.

All of these mobs only spawn during fog weather. An additional Cluster Core can be stolen from them, so if you can sub Thf, or go as Thf, please do so Surprised

Cluster (Lufaise Meadows) (Level: 38-40) Located: H-9, K-9
Atomic Cluster (Lufaise Meadows) (Level: 44-46) Located: F-7
Atomic Cluster (Misareaux Coast) (Level: 44-46) Located: south of I-6, center of I-7, south of G-8.
Odqan[NM] (Misareaux Coast) (Level: 50-51) Located: I-6, J-7, G-8

Note that once we clear this last BC, we will be on a break until Acire gets her Mnk to 60.

If everyone wants to we can give this a go, granted we have the Salts, Friday night after Dynamis. Remember, this is a fight where if we lose, we'll be trying again another night. Suicidal strategy isn't an option >.>

Last edited by on Thu 6 Apr à 18:37; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
zeal

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyWed 5 Apr à 10:01

are the salts rare/ex? i have no problem farming the cores, but if im gonna have 8 slots taken up by cores, idk if id wanna have that space taken up. oh, do you guys know if the cores stack?
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks EmptyWed 5 Apr à 10:11

Salts are rare/ex. Clusters are stackable to 12.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks Empty

Back to top Go down

CoP 5-3 Three Forks
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Obsidian Order :: Missions-
Jump to: