The Obsidian Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CoP static forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CoP 5-3 Three Forks

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ace

Ace

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2006-03-09

CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Apr à 17:48

also I couldnt crank out the cures like I should have lol I will change my cure V macro to cure IV for this fight and not stand in the middle of arena I was just trying to get my salt to go off asap lol ; ;
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Cores   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyTue 11 Apr à 22:53

I now have 2 cores
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

Number of posts : 189

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Apr à 9:03

Okay so we have the necessary salt to try this again... Zeal can give me the salt that he has next time he sees me.

New Salt order is: Acire > Haru > Vuz.

If we manage to get two more Cluster Cores before our next attempt, Jiral will go before Vuz, after Haru (like our original order)

Somewhat updated strategy:

∙Go in, buff up, rest to full. Before charging in check Barblizzara.
∙Run in, Snoll moves, Acire uses first salt.
∙Vuz Provoke, do all your fun hate getting moves. Watch your HP with your own cures and Hi-Potions while Acire is using salt.
∙Haru Astral Flow - Inferno at the very beginning, and use my salt after I finish using a hi-ether.
∙Rpg starts casting Burst or Flare once he see's that Zeal and Vuz are in position.
∙Zeal Meikyo Shisui and self skillchain Fusion. Tachi: Kagero → Tachi: Goten/Koki.
∙As Zeal gets his first WS off, Jiral Chainspells, and begins his Fire II spamming.
∙Fusion SC goes off... Burst or Flare should land... And hopefully we get 2 or so MB from the Fire II being chainspelled.
∙Vuz covers Rpg after the first Flare. Invicible is used if hate is still on Rpg after Cover wears, or if Provoke doesn't work when it starts running after Jiral's insane nuking.
∙Continue on with the Fire II until you're out of MP. If you have to, run back a bit and convert. Stoneskin and Blink might be your friends too.
∙Rpg continues firing away (Pun intended?) at the snoll, Firaga II, Fire II, Firaga, Fire, whatever your silly heart desires. Everyone else continue their thing and try to rape him good.
∙Have Bene ready Ace.

Maybe we can even try this again tonight... Would be a "Have you butt READY in Jeuno at 10:15" Not "I'm going to try getting in Jeuno shortly after 10:15 and then just start grabbing my stuff and end up making us leave 30 minutes late." Zeal was ready and waiting for us at around 9:45 last time (Well, I dont remember what time we started anymore, but he was ready and waiting 30 minutes before we were supposed to gather.) Please be curtious to the other players and be on time. Leaving 5 minutes late to just quickly grab some silent oils isn't an issue... But saying "Brb gotta mule some stuff" or anything of the sort at 10:15 is just plain unacceptable. The past 2 late-starting events I've asked Rpg to wait for us inside of the BC pre-entry area (Either Boneyard Gully or Bearclaw) and he has always ended up waiting an extra 20-30 minutes just for us to arrive. Well, if we go tonight, I'm going to be REALLY pissed off if we end up ARRIVING there sometime much past 11. It takes us maybe 15 minute to run to the BC pre-entry area? Maybe 25 minutes to run and get our salts first? If you have a good reason for being late, it's a different story. Don't forget that, if you think you need to do something between 10-11, you can haul yourself up there BEFORE 10 and afk in Bearclaw. And I don't mean this just for Snoll either, I mean at anything we do in the future. I know I probably sound like a huge bitch atm, but eh, it needs to be said.
Back to top Go down
zeal

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Apr à 11:32

no Haru, you dont. it needed to be said Smile ty.

im 95% early/on time for almost everything i do in game. this game takes so much 'travel time' to do anything, its ridiculous. im a firm believer in being punctual.

nights that we have CoP, i really cant do ANYTHING but CoP. so, showing up 30 minutes late is like a slap in the face. those 30 EXTRA minutes i end up waiting could have translated in me actually doing something before CoP.

if we DO this tonite, i would like to know ahead of time, otherwise i am going to do my own thing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Apr à 11:41

Vuz has the day off, Acire has today off (or so her post says), I'm available (duh?), you're available (Zeal), Rpg gets off work at 10, takes him about 45 minutes to get home (Thus us heading out at 10:15) and I'm pretty positive Jiral is available too... I see no reason not to get this out of the way so we can have a little break from CoP while Acire gets her Mnk to 60. Once Ace logs onto FFXI and I talk to her, I'll let everyone know... Though I guess this is really short notice for Rpg, hopefully he checks the forum and can get himself up there before he heads off to work. ; ;
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Cores   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Apr à 12:11

I have 4 cores. Love me. Love me long time. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Apr à 12:19

O.O!! Did you have the day off today or something? But that's so awesome! Very Happy:D <3 Jiral {Long time}
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Apr à 13:38

WEEEELLLL... not really.

I have the Vana'diel Clock extension for firefox. It shows the current game time in the lower right hand corner.

So, I fired up FFXI (i had logged in Miseraux Coast last night), and then would wait for it to turn 1 am game time.

Take a 15 min break from work, stand at the camp, Dia the clusters when they popped, kill, Refresh, Regen, go back to work.

Repeat next game day XD
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Apr à 14:18

You work from home or you installed FFXI on your work computer? o.O
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Apr à 14:31

At the moment I work from home. They hired a large group of people but don't yet have anywhere to put us. Our new building should be ready mid-May. Until then, I'm enjoying saving all the money on gas, etc that I'd be putting out driving to work everyday!

That, and it's kinda nice to sit at home in my sweats and work.
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Apr à 14:56

Sorry I just got called into work.... :\ 2 people called off and this is what I get for being a supervisor... ; ; sorry guys be home by like 10pm though ; ;
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Apr à 16:14

Well, unless Rpg posts something about wanting to do it soon, we'll expect to plan it for another night. Maybe Friday after Dynamis or something.
Back to top Go down
zeal

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyThu 13 Apr à 1:22

friday after dynamis works for me
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyThu 13 Apr à 10:38

Okay, I was just talking to Rpg and he said he'd be good to go for tonight when he gets home from work. So, unless anyone makes any objections before then, we'll gather together in Jeuno and be ready to Tele-Vhazl for when Rpg gets home, he will be waiting for us in Jeuno. So be ready, or pretty damn close, by about 11PM.

No need to spend much more then an hour on this guys...
30 minutes max for travel (Since 3 of us need to run and grab salts)... 5 minute discussion before fight... 5 minutes to buff up inside... 45 seconds - 1 and 1/2 minutes fight.
Back to top Go down
zeal

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyThu 13 Apr à 13:08

haru, when you post times, can you say like "11pm eastern" or something?...i know ill get messed up one of these times.... thx <3
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyThu 13 Apr à 13:13

Oops, sorry about that >< Aye... 11PM EST
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Snoll   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyFri 14 Apr à 13:30

Are we going to attempt the Snoll Tzar tonight (Friday) after Dynamis? Is that a bad time for anyone?

*edit* Answered in another post, so ignore LOL
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptySun 16 Apr à 3:03

so when are we trying again?
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptySun 16 Apr à 3:54

We can attempt it later on Sunday night maybe (ie, after/around 11 or so)... Not sure how many of you may have plans late Easter night. Monday night isn't really an option due to maintenance. (Fuck you SE and your 10 hour maintenance) So if not Sunday night, we'll have to wait till we see Vuz's scedule.
Back to top Go down
zeal

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptySun 16 Apr à 19:41

ive got surprise easter company tonite. sorry, but i cant make it. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyThu 27 Apr à 8:42

I'd like to say (again) how nicely it went last night, and even though we lost, I personally didn't feel fustrated at all, and actually felt excited to try doing it again.

I think our only main issues were salt and hate this time? I personally think that hate will always be an issue during this, if you think about it, considering how hard we're zerging it. I think what we can do this time with salts is this: Acire goes at the very beginning as usual. I hit chainspell pretty much as soon as I can get into a decent position, and once chainspell wears off, I use my salt. Jiral hits his chainspell macro about 20 or so seconds after I hit mine. During the 20 seconds J can toss a couple enfeebles at Snoll. Ele seal Grav for sure (Gravity really helps) and Dia would probably be the best ones. You don't want to use up too much MP. If you have a stopwatch or something to generally help you our with that timeing that'd probably be good. After J's chainspell is done, then he can go ahead and use his salt.

I was in no way mad when I died yesterday, because I was 98% sure it was going to happen Wink ( I knew I was going to pull hate, not because I thought we were going to fail)

Also, to Ace, I think that if everyone's HP is all just generally really low, and you're not sure who to heal, that would probably be the best time to Benediction. I know sometimes using it doesn't come to mind when you panic, cause I know there have been a lot of times when that's happend to me.

On a stupid note... Yesterday I had asked J to give me two more cores so I could go "get my salt early"... When I got there and was getting ready to trade, I remembered I didn't get to use my salt from last time -.-; Haru's memory ftw?

Anyway... Let's rape that Snoll REAL good tonight... Whip
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 Apr à 1:04

CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 Parse8if
Here's the parser image from the last fight.

CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 Arg1ov
And here's what we got it to this time.

Anyway, to be honest, I feel that this failure was my fault. I looked back, and realize that 1) I could have probably used chainspell a couple seconds sooner and 2)I started casting a spell a couple seconds after chainspell wore, so I had to wait the extra time from the spell before I could use my salt. I didn't do it on purpose or anything, but yeah.

So what I think the plan to do next time was for both J and I to do chainspell ASAP (After ele seal grav... That has saved us so many times ; ; ) J going to use his salt about 25 seconds into chainspell (considering I had added 7 seconds to when I SHOULD have used my salt, we should be okay at 25 seconds) and hope we do good from there... Re-watching the video, salts take about 8 seconds to use.

Good job though, all. We'll be sure to kill the bitch next time.

Edit:: I did a bit of math, and figured out, and rounded up, that 1% of his health = about 88 damage. We would have needed an additional 1496 damage to kill the snoll. I did 1775 more damage then Jiral, mainly because he didn't get to use the full timer of his chainspell. A LOT of my spells ended up getting resisted this time around, last time, I only had one resist, and it still did 180. There were also a couple times I was running around trying to get away from the snoll (Since I could... Gravity <3) which could have added to another 3-4 fire spells.

So just look at that... If we do everything the same way as we did it last fight (well, minus the tiny mistake in SC, though that would probably add 200-400 damage), Vuz uses invincible when it starts harassing (T_T) J and I, and J gets to use at least 85% of his chainspell with damage, and during the extra 15 seconds with salt, Rpg makes up for the damage Jiral may have lost while using the salt...

<.>
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Snoll (again... and again...)   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptyFri 28 Apr à 12:48

I know this thing has been frustrating for everyone, but there's a couple things I'd like to point out:

1) We're learning each time we do this. From what I've read, this fight is a primer for upcoming fights. This gives us a chance to lear strategies that work, coordination of timed items, individual strengths/weaknesses, etc.

2) We're all frustrated. Casting blame or assigning fault really doesn't help. Every time we've lost, there's been at least two reasons why. Let's focus on what went wrong, not who "screwed up," and I think we'll all be in better moods on future events. Very Happy

So, we learned an important lesson or three last night.

1) There's no way to fully utilize both chainspells. It'd be nice, but it just can't happen. Haru has better gear, so it makes logical sense that we take full advantage of her 2 hr. My gear doesn't deliver as much damage, so losing a portion of my 2 hr to salt won't be as much of an impact.

2) Salts have to be timed. Otherwise, we see unacceptable delays that cost us the fight. Using Haru's method above, I think we'll get great 2 hr utilization and maximum use of 3 salts. Ace uses hers at the beginning. I start using mine about 20 seconds later. Haru uses hers about 20 seconds or so after that, which should coincide with the end of her 2 hr.

3) I think we've all got our macros set down properly now. To be safe, if it's at all possible, isolate a macro set specifically set just for this fight. No extraneous spells, weaponskills, items, etc.

4) Patience is key. We have MORE than enough time once we enter the BC. Discuss strategy outside, go in, fully buff and MP heal, then go. I think we should use "Barblizzara" as the cue to head in, personally. Full buff as soon as everyone's out of the damned CS, reraise, rest mp. Once MP is full and all buffs are in place, then Vuz runs forward. At his provoke/flash/call it a bish/whatever to piss it off, Haru 2 hr, Ace salts, Rpg starts casting Flare, and Zeal (at Rpg's prompt) does the SC. While that's going on, I'll start with Ele Seal/Gravity, then Dia II, then Chainspell - Fire II. After I see "The Snoll Tzar starts to melt!", or when Ace's notification goes off for me to go, I'll start using my salt. This is probably about the time that the bish is gonna start goin after Haru & Vuz will have to Invincible. By the time it starts to melt from my salt, Haru's 2 hr should be about ready to wear and she'll use hers.

The only thing I see left to decide is "When do we try again?"
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptySun 30 Apr à 11:49

For those that weren't on last night, or were half asleep, or something or other, we'll be doing our next, and hopefully last, Snoll Tzar Tuesday at about 12PM. Be ready with all your stuff and BE THERE INSIDE BEARCLAW BY ABOUT 11:45 OR I HUNT YOU DOWN. Thank you Smile

(I say earlier because you never know if Nick might be home slightly early)
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 EmptySun 30 Apr à 14:09

12PM would be noon, so I'm assuming you mean 12 AM (Midnight) EST? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

CoP 5-3 Three Forks
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Obsidian Order :: Missions-
Jump to: