The Obsidian Order
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CoP static forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CoP 5-3 Three Forks

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Ace

Ace

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2006-03-09

CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Apr à 13:35

this BC capped at 60 or 50? I hear this is all about ALOT of dmg in as little time as possible Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

Number of posts : 189

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Apr à 13:57

Read the post/strat I made >_>
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyWed 5 Apr à 15:17

nya i read it I just have horrible memory
Back to top Go down
zeal

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Apr à 0:56

how did cluster farming go haru? get any more foggy weather?
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Apr à 8:44

Nope, only managed to get that one cluster core as soon as I got there. Waited 2 and 1/2 hrs then decided to go to bed ;; Probably going to try again today when I log on for a bit. Jiral also showed up about an hr and 1/2 after I was there, so not sure if he got anything after I left.
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

Number of posts : 114

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Apr à 16:51

Haru wrote:
Jiral also showed up about an hr and 1/2 after I was there, so not sure if he got anything after I left.
Just a migraine. That count?
I did, however, manage to arrange delivery of 4 from LS friends. I should be picking them up today.
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Apr à 17:32

That's sweets Surprised So that means we have 4 salts, and that we can give it a shot whenever we have the time Smile
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyThu 6 Apr à 18:31

I have in my greedy little hands 4 cluster cores.
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr à 12:08

I read over the strategy I had made for Snoll Tzar and realized how messy it looked, so I made a somewhat newer/cleaner version of it. It's in the original post, but I'll quote it here as well.

Quote :

Somewhat-less-messy-maybe-updated-strategy:
∙Go in, buff up, rest to full.
∙Run in, Snoll moves, Acire uses first salt.
∙Vuz Provoke, do all your fun hate getting moves.
∙Rpg starts casting Burst or Flare.
∙Zeal Meikyo Shisui and self skillchain Fusion. Tachi: Kagero → Tachi: Goten or Koki. I'm assuming Koki is stronger?
∙As Zeal gets his first WS off, Jiral Chainspells, and begins his Fire II spamming. Vuz also uses Invincible at this time.
∙Fusion SC goes off... Burst or Flare should land... And hopefully we get 2 or so MB from the Fire II being chainspelled.
∙Continue on with the Fire II until you're out of MP. If you have to, run back a bit and convert. Stoneskin and Blink might be your friends too.
∙Rpg continues firing away (Pun intended?) at the snoll, Firaga II, Fire II, Firaga, Fire, whatever your silly heart desires. Everyone else continue their thing and try to rape him good.
∙Have Bene ready Ace Surprised

For one, I don't know if Rpg has Flare, but I'm pretty sure I've seen him use Burst. Or maybe I've seen him use Flare and not Burst? Either way, I know he has one of the two, because I've seen him use an AM spell that wasn't Quake or Tornado or Freeze >.> But yeah, from what I've read so far, Flare does about 1,000 damage without an MP.

Secondly, I know Zeal will probably want to Meditate TP at the very beginning, so we can get the extra damage from another WS. This should be good as long as it doesn't interfere with Fusion. I'm a total noob to what MAKES a skillchain, so you guys will have to enlighten me ; ;

Thirdly, I'm not sure anymore what I should go as. Either Smn, or Rdm? With Smn I'll have Inferno... Which I can probably get in twice if I go at the very beginning. During the Shikaree fight it did 700-800 damage (I don't remember what it was off the top of my head, I'd have to check when I get home) So if I assume it does the same... That's 1,400-1,600 damage. Chainspell Fire II does 200-300 normally, without a magic burst. Chainspell lasts 30 seconds, lets assume Fire II every 5 seconds? 1,000-1,500 damage. Looking at those numbers it still looks like going as Smn would be the better choice, but that's why I didn't include myself in the strategy. I'm going to try talking to Rikkua, and see how much she did against the Snoll Tzar, and maybe keep looking around to see if I can find other peoples experiences.

Anyway, this being said, I want your guys' input, things you agree with, things that you think maybe should be changed, added. It seemed like some people didn't agree with my original Shikaree plan? I don't know, but I think you guys get the point.
Back to top Go down
zeal

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr à 12:37

1. Rpg needs to get his AM macro set. i know for the shikaree fight, your Freeze landed too soon. i think you should look that info up for the /wait, and that we should practice the timing of it with Vuz and me.

2. if i meditate at the start, i should have enuf TP for 2 self-skillchains. (ill have 100 TP + 300 from 2hr).

3. goten/koki... both suck. not a problem for me. ive always been a fan of just getting the SC off for the MBs anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr à 13:05

http://www.myfilestash.com/userfiles/peachie270/Bomb.swf

Copy of someone's chatlog from the fight. Kinda neat.

But yeah, I agree with you there Zeal, before hand you, Vuz and Rpg should go and test out your macros to make sure all the timing will work out.

You could probably also bring an Icarus wing Zeal, and do whatever SC after all the "insanity" is done with. Surprised

Edit::

Burning Blade > Tachi: Goten/Koki
Red Lodus Blade > Tachi: Goten/Koki
Tachi: Kagero > Circle Blade/Flate Blade

All these make Fusion.

Would it be a better idea/more damage to maybe get you and Vuz to SC together? O.o And then you just do whichever WS/SC you think will be best? Or will you making Self SC to MB off of probably be more damage in the end?
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr à 13:24

Haru wrote:
Would it be a better idea/more damage to maybe get you and Vuz to SC together? O.o And then you just do whichever WS/SC you think will be best? Or will you making Self SC to MB off of probably be more damage in the end?

My question would be how long is it gonna take Vuz to build the TP to do a WS? If he's focusing on getting and holding hate (which if I'm doing Chainspell-Fire2[repeated]-Convert-Heal-Fire2[repeated] i HOPE he's holding hate!) he's gonna have a busy time with Rpg using AM, me blasting away with Chainspell, and your Chainspell or 2 hour.

Personally, I think Vuz should just piss the thing off and keep it focussed while Zeal causes SC & the rest of us Mana Burn.
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr à 13:25

Oh, and are we going with a plan for the salts? Since they take a 15 second cast time, we should probably set an order. Realizing that we need it NOW is a bit too late when it takes 15 seconds to activate ^^
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr à 13:28

Vuz would pop an Icarus Wing at the beginning. It was just an idea though @_@

Edit:: Forgot your question about the salt order. I put an order up in the original post, but I believe it was something along the lines of (Assuming I go as smn) Acire pop first > Me (After I Astral Flow) > Jiral (after chainspell wears) and then if need be, Vuz.
Back to top Go down
zeal

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr à 14:13

timing can be a little tricky during my 2 hr. id prefer to go by myself.

1. meditate before fight + 2hr

2. use 2nd and 3rd TP (from 2hr)

3. meditate again (if it is up) + pop an icarus wing

that would give me 3 SC. otherwise, i can just do 2 SC. ive never used my 2hour with 2 cast of AM... not sure if id have enuf time and if my 2hr would last that long. just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr à 14:25

With your 2 hr don't you automatically get 300 TP though, making the TP you gained before with meditate useless? Or did you mean that you were going to USE the tp you gained with meditate before the fight starts, THEN 2 hr to close the SC? We can be inside the BC for 30 minutes, so you can meditate and wait for your timer to be up before we actually engage.

But yeah, we'll just go with you self skillchaining then, and only worry about the one MB. After the first MB goes off, you can just do whatever skillchain might do more damage. If it's something that's possible to MB off of, then we can try that too, and if not, Rpg can just spam cycle Firaga II, Fire II and Firaga.
Back to top Go down
zeal

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr à 16:30

SAM 2 hour gives you the ability to have your WS use 100 tp. yeah, it does fill your bar up to 300. so basically, i would wait till i get 100tp, use a WS.... THEN pop my 2hour, leaving me with 3 more WS. now, if i use those 4 WS, and have meditate up again, thats 5 WS.

just like any 2 hour, it only lasts a short time (30secconds?). so, idk if i could do 2 self SCs....?? idk.
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr à 16:44

zeal wrote:

just like any 2 hour, it only lasts a short time (30secconds?). so, idk if i could do 2 self SCs....?? idk.

Could you do 4 SCs? Easily. Leaving enough time for AM MB? Eh.... that'd be the iffy part.

WS - 2 HR - WS to close SC - wait for AM MB - WS - Meditate - WS to close SC.

Possible, but it'd have to be timed damned near perfectly.
Back to top Go down
zeal

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr à 17:30

Jiral wrote:
zeal wrote:

Could you do 4 SCs? Easily. Leaving enough time for AM MB? Eh.... that'd be the iffy part.

ill rephrase Smile idk if i could do 2 self-skillchains in the time it takes to cast 2 AMs.

(btw, J, did you mean 4 WS?)
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyMon 10 Apr à 18:34

zeal wrote:
Jiral wrote:
zeal wrote:

ill rephrase Smile idk if i could do 2 self-skillchains in the time it takes to cast 2 AMs.

(btw, J, did you mean 4 WS?)
Yeah, whatever. Embarassed Razz Laughing
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Apr à 0:29

If you have any free time at all please go and farm Cluster Cores... If you see any in a bazaar, please buy it. The only way we are going to be able to farm the Clusters in Riverne B is if we go as a full party. But yeah.. Go farm them when you have the free time, and check Rolanberry Fields reglarly ~_~

Edit:: Jiral and I got our hands on 2 Cluster Cores last night :D:D:D:D
Back to top Go down
Ace

Ace

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Apr à 0:54

I will see what I can do >< I will try to find some tommorow
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Apr à 0:56

Haru & I each got a core, so we now have 3 cores (assuming Zeal has 1) and 1 salt (Vuz). I think we had 4 salts going in, so we need 3 more cores. That sound right?

-J
Back to top Go down
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Apr à 8:39

I think we should be fine with 3 salts... So 1 more core O.o But yeah, if people can, please still try to farm or check Rolanberry fields for Cluster Cores. I logged in Tavnazian Safehold last night, so I'm going to check for Clusters for a bit when I get home.

I just want to get clear on some stuff that might have went wrong, so we can make sure we're more prepared next time around.

The BC fight itself has a 30 minute time limit, so we have roughly 28 minutes to buff, get ready, re-check any macros.

I know that at first, we just weren't prepared for the fight. I had shouted out to wait, but didn't fast enough so we got aggro. Barblizzard had wore and wanted to recast.

Secondly, our positioning was horrid, but that was mainly due to the fact that we started out so awkwardly.

Thirdly, I noticed our first Flare wasn't a MB, which I think was tied in with the comment above. Yeah, we need to hurry with the Skillchain, but not hurried enough that Zeal doesn't have time to react to help time his weaponskills.

Fourthly, I think we need to re-time our salts. When I threw my salt I noticed the little "miss" show up on top of the Snoll's name. Maybe it was from Vuz or Zeal missing? I don't know. I think we should change macros to /item, /wait 25, /p Gogo <p#>. It seemed like the salts took more like 10 seconds to use.

Lastly... I think hate might have been an issue slightly later on? Rpg mentioned doing cover after the first Flare, and saving Invincible for when he grows a little larger. We can try that, though Rpg is setting himself up for some directional damage and AoE during the time it takes him to cast Flare. But yeah, as he grows he does more damage... I got hit for 530 or so at the end x.x

If anyone else had any issues they saw go right ahead and post them.

On a less happy note... I didn't get any footage from the first Snoll Tzar fight;;
Back to top Go down
Jiral

Jiral

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 EmptyTue 11 Apr à 12:11

No screenies... no piccies.... it didn't happen. YOU HAVE NO PROOF!

<.<
>.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CoP 5-3 Three Forks   CoP 5-3 Three Forks - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

CoP 5-3 Three Forks
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Obsidian Order :: Missions-
Jump to: